Side Effects of ICLUSIG® (ponatinib)
Important information about side effects
The information shown are highlights from the Important Safety Information. Please scroll down to see more details.
ICLUSIG has caused serious side effects, including:
- Blood clots or blockage in blood vessels (arteries and veins)
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
Other serious side effects seen with ICLUSIG include:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Nerve damage (neuropathy)
- Eye problems
- Serious bleeding
- Fluid retention
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood cell counts
- Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS – also known as posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome)
- Wound healing problems
- A tear in your stomach or intestinal wall (perforation)
ICLUSIG was shown to cause some side effects more often than others
The information shown are highlights from the Important Safety Information below. Please scroll down to see more details.
The most common side effects of ICLUSIG included:
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
- Stomach-area (abdomen) pain
- Dry skin
- High blood pressure
- Swelling of your hands, ankles, feet, face, or all over your body (fluid retention and edema)
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Increase in lipase levels (a blood test done to check your pancreas)
- Low hemoglobin in the blood (anemia)
- Liver problems
- Blood clots or blockage in blood vessels (arteries)
- Low blood platelet counts
- Low blood levels of white blood cells (including neutrophils)
These are not all of the possible side effects of ICLUSIG. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Takeda Oncology Here2Assist® patient support
Learn how we can help with coverage, financial, and educational resource needs.
Doctor discussion guide
Prepare for your next visit with your healthcare provider.